Softball Manitoba has a comprehensive Accident and Liability Insurance Program for all players, coaches, officials, administrators and volunteers registered with our programs and our Member Associations.  If you are injured while participating in one of our sanctioned programs or events, please review the following information on our insurance policies. 


Accident Insurance Coverage


The Sport Accident Policy provides coverage to current members of Softball Manitoba when a bodily injury results directly from a single softball-related accident. The Sport Accident Insurance Policy does not include coverage for any injury determined to have been from the resulting over-use, progressive or pre-existing conditions.

This insurance coverage is an excess-payer policy.  Expenses eligible under any other health care plan(s) must be submitted to that plan(s) first.  This policy will pay only the expenses that are not eligible for any other insurer held by the member.

The sport accident policy is a 3rd payer participant accident policy. This means it will only respond after the limits have been exhausted under the Manitoba Health (1st payer) and any extended health plan (2nd payer if applicable). Please note that the participant's accident (3rd payer) does NOT necessarily cover any excess expenses. For example, if your extended benefits (2nd payer) pays 80% of your medical expenses and treatment, it is NOT necessarily the case that the participant accident (3rd payer) insurance will pay the remaining 20%.  In other words, the participant's accident insurance may NOT pay the remaining 20% of medical expenses. Each participant claim is unique and will be reviewed and assessed by the claims adjuster assigned to your claim. 

Our plan covers all participants, managers, coaches, executives, and field officials throughout the entire season.


NOTE: Coverage applies to practices and games within Canada only. 

Accident Policy Coverage Information



All claimants must first see a medical doctor within 30 DAYS of the accident and submit the form below to Softball Manitoba within 30 DAYS of the accident in order to be covered. 

Download the Participant Accident Claim Form and Information

All teams travelling outside of Manitoba for competition are required to complete Softball Manitoba's Travel Request Form here.

Liability Insurance Coverage

All Softball Manitoba programs & members are also covered under our Comprehensive General Liability coverage. Teams, clubs and associations requiring proof of liability insurance, typically for those using facilities that may request this information, can request a copy of this proof of insurance document by emailing Softball Manitoba.  

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information