Respect in Sport
All coaching staff are required to have a valid Respect in Sport Certificate within the last 5 years.
Things like bullying, discrimination and even abuse. They’re just some of the many difficulties kids may face. To help identify issues, every coach in Manitoba must take the Respect in Sport course. As of 2017, coaches and managers will be required to re-take it every five years.
Over the years the course has been updated to include topics such as cyber-bullying, hazing and gender identification.
Updated course includes:
- Modification to reflect change to age of consent legislation
- Increased messaging pertaining to Hazing
- Increased messaging about Cyber Bullying, Discrimination effecting Lesbian, Gay and Transgender athletes
- Social Media concerns
- Widened the scope of the program to include any person of power/authority
- Shortened completion time to 2.5 hours
- Mobile friendly
To take your Respect in Sport Certification click on the logo below.
RESPECT IN SPORT (RIS) RECERTIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Coaches who certified prior to 2017 must re-certify in 2022. Therefore if you completed your RIS prior to January 1, 2017, you will need to re-certify in order to register for the 2022 Softball Season.
- Go to website: https://sportmanitoba.respectgroupinc.com/
- Select a language you would like to complete the course in
- Log in to your account. If you cannot remember your information please use the "Recover username or Password" (bottom right by LOGIN button)
- Note: the important date is your birthdate (for username recovery) You will be asked a security question (for password recovery)
- Click on the words "RE-CERTIFY NOW" (In Black and White at the top of the page)
- Re-certification confirmation button will appear and you will click on "YES-reset my certification"
- One last time - "Final Recertification Confirmation--click on "reset Now- Reset my certification"
- You are at the program main page there are 7 modules. You do not have to do them all at once however please make sure you finish the first module before you exit or it will not be saved
- Once you have completed all 7 modules you will be issued a new certification number that will need to be entered on your RAMP Coaching Profile
- In your Respect in Sport Profile, make sure to check off the SOFTBALL box so Softball Manitoba can verify you have a valid certification.
- Go into your profile and answer "allow" to the line to NCCP question. This will allow your Respect in Sport to be shown on your NCCP transcript
- Check that your email on your RIS is the same email you are using with Coaching Canada