Female Apprentice Coach Program
Are you thinking about Coaching softball? Then consider applying for Softball Manitoba’s Female Apprentice Coach Program! We are excited to invest in up-and-coming female Coaches by providing a pathway with various technical resources and helping you build connections in the softball community.
- Gain Coaching experience before fully committing to Coaching a team
- Create relationships and learn from existing female Coaches in your community
- Get a head start on the Softball Canada Coach Certification pathway
- Leave the Female Apprentice Coach Program with the resources and experience needed to confidently begin Coaching
- Anyone who self-identifies as female
- Minimum age of 16
- Must be in good standing with Softball Manitoba
- Open to past players but playing experience is not required
- Open to people interested in Coaching any classification/age category
- Respect in Sport Certificate (must be within the last 5 years if already completed)
- Submit a Criminal Record Check that has been taken within the last three years
- Softball Manitoba will connect Apprentice Coaches with a Host Coach and join team events for the duration of the Host team’s season
- Softball Manitoba will check-in periodically to provide information, support and require updates/feedback from the Apprentice Coach and Host Coach
- Apprentice Coaches will be certified in Softball Canada’s Foundations of Coaching Softball modules Part 1 and 2 and Make Ethical Decisions Module and Online Evaluation (paid for by Softball MB)
- Apprentice Coaches must attend a minimum of 2 team events per month with Host team (practices, games, team bonding, etc.)
- Apprentice Coaches will receive a Softball Manitoba backpack, t-shirt, glove + Coaching resources
- Host Coaches will receive a Softball Manitoba backpack, t-shirt, dozen balls, tee, bownet and Softball Manitoba Development Session (Canpitch, Tobacatch, Hitting, etc.) for their team
ROLE OF HOST COACH:
- Provide team schedule to Apprentice, welcome them to a minimum of 2 team events per month
- As the Apprentice Coach gets comfortable, help increase their involvement such as helping them lead a drill at practice
- Share knowledge and answer questions!
*Program now full/applications closed for the 2022 season.